Job Purpose: Leads project team(s) to design and develop new implants and instrumentation. Extensive expertise used to mentor subordinate engineers and contribute to business unit strategic decision making.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management
- Schedules, leads, and documents meeting minutes and action items of project core team meetings
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning core team members to phases and elements
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project Maintains project schedule
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending Prepares project status reports
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; monitoring vendor
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Leads/Mentors Development and Project Engineers
- Has broad familiarity with most relevant company practices, procedures, policies and job Contributes to development of new concepts or principles that advance the state of the art in field of endeavor. Contributes to Strategic Business Unit decisions.
- Works on highly complex problems that may require development of new methods, techniques or technologie Goals and methods are often self-determined.
- Assignments are often self-determined and may be long-range. Work is often of strategic importance to company and is reviewed in that context.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- 8-10 years of experience in the design and development of mechanical products
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in bringing multiple products from design through commercialization on time
- Knowledge of CAD software (SolidWorks, Pro-E, etc.) preferred
- BS Biomedical Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering, BS MET (or equivalent) required
- Prior project management experience required
- Experience in medical equipment industry desirable
- Strong communication and interaction skills, with the ability to interface with surgeons and sales/marketing personnel
- Demonstrated creative design ability
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME: