Job Purpose: Leads project team to design and develop new implants and instrumentation. This includes communication with surgeons and sales consultants, understanding clinical issues and needs, defining design parameters, and ensuring the correct product is provided to the customer.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management
- Schedules, leads, and documents meeting minutes and action items of project core team meetings
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning core team members to phases and elements
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project Maintains project schedule
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; monitoring vendor activities
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Familiar with most relevant company practices, procedures, policies and job
- Applies knowledge of advanced concepts and principles that apply to job assignments.
- Works on a variety of problems of significant scope and complexity. Reviews existing solutions to determine best methods for solving problem.
- Methods and approach subject to periodic review or upon Works under general direction.
Skills and Education Requirements:
- 5-10 years of experience in the design and development of mechanical products
- Knowledge of CAD software (SolidWorks, Pro-E, etc.) preferred
- BS Biomedical Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering, BS MET (or equivalent) required
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Experience in medical device industry desirable
- Strong communication and interaction skills, with the ability to interface with surgeons and sales/marketing personnel
- Demonstrated creative design ability
- Demonstrated success in bringing product from design through introduction on time
- “Hands-on” engineer
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME: