The PiroVue® Gastrocnemius Recession System assists with an intra-muscular technique for the treatment of equinus contracture:
Equinus deformity has been associated with over 96% of biomechanically related foot and ankle pathologies.1
Gastrocnemius Aponeurosis Intra-Muscular Recession
- Medial Mini-Open Incision (2.5cm – 3cm)
- Displayed less muscle atrophy and weakness when compared to Strayer procedure2,3
- Reliable and repeatable dorsiflexion improvement2
- Proximal intramuscular approach avoids the sural nerve3
Controlled and Guided Release
- Recession can be done on both gastrocnemius and soleus muscles as identified by Silfverskiold test2
Visualization of an Open Procedure
- Improved visualization compared to endoscopic
Convenience of Sterile Pack Kit
- No endoscopic equipment required
- No ancillary draping time or associated costs
- Hill, Russell S. “Ankle equinus. Prevalence and linkage to common foot pathology.” Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. (1995).
- Isolated Recession of the Gastrocnemius Muscle: The Baumann Procedure. John E. Herzenburg, MD; Bradley M. Lamm, DPM; Chris Corwin, DPM; John Sekel, DPM. Foot & Ankle International. 2007.
- The Gastrocnemius Intramuscular Aponeurotic Recession: A Simplified Method of Gastrocnemius Recession. Neal M. Blitz, DPM and Shannon M. Rush, DPM. The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery. 2007.
For product information, including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, potential adverse effects and patient counseling information, see the package insert. ©2018
This product is distributed by Nextremity Solutions, Inc.